SPEAK UP TODAY FOR BETTER TEACHER PAY!
Want to make sure North Carolina attracts and retains the best teachers? So do we! Our state legislature will debate a teacher pay raise in the 2016 session – going on NOW. Download a Sample Letter for Teacher Pay Raise to send to your representative or senator via print or email.
(Not sure who represents you or need an address? Click here.)
WNC for Public Education is a nonpartisan alliance of concerned citizens, including parents and educators, across Western North Carolina who advocate for children by working with lawmakers and informing voters to ensure our public schools have ample resources to provide quality education.
We believe strong public education is an essential cornerstone for thriving communities, and that all NC’s children deserve to attend public schools that
- are conducive to learning
- are well staffed with supportive adults
- provide quality instruction, and offer minimal exposure to standardizing testing and assessments
With this belief in mind, WNC4PE is currently focused on three primary goals:
- Minimize tests and assessments to maximize instruction time and protect our students’ love of learning
- Ensure sufficient education funding to secure adequate resources for our classrooms, such as textbooks, supplies and equipment
- Secure equitable funding for teachers so that public schools throughout North Carolina have the ability to retain and attract the talented teachers our children deserve.
WNC4PE is an all-volunteer, homegrown effort to support our region’s public schools, teachers and students. We believe that support for public education in our region transcends political division. If you share our passion for public education, we encourage you to join us.
Sign our Pledge and we’ll send you ongoing updates and information about how you can help support public schools!