With so much of our state’s education policy being made in Raleigh, it’s important to know where candidates for WNC House and Senate seats stand on the issues. Download our Education Voter Guide or view the interactive online version to learn what candidates in your districts have to say about public education.
WNC for Public Education is a nonpartisan alliance of concerned citizens, including parents and educators, across Western North Carolina who advocate for children by working with lawmakers and informing voters to ensure our public schools have ample resources to provide quality education.
We believe strong public education is an essential cornerstone for thriving communities, and that all NC’s children deserve to attend public schools that
- are conducive to learning
- are well staffed with supportive adults
- provide quality instruction, and offer minimal exposure to standardizing testing and assessments
With this belief in mind, WNC4PE is currently focused on three primary goals:
- Minimize tests and assessments to maximize instruction time and protect our students’ love of learning
- Ensure sufficient education funding to secure adequate resources for our classrooms, such as textbooks, supplies and equipment
- Secure equitable funding for teachers so that public schools throughout North Carolina have the ability to retain and attract the talented teachers our children deserve.
WNC4PE is an all-volunteer, homegrown effort to support our region’s public schools, teachers and students. We believe that support for public education in our region transcends political division. If you share our passion for public education, we encourage you to join us.
Sign our Pledge and we’ll send you ongoing updates and information about how you can help support public schools!